The Department’s mission is getting our clients the help they need, as quickly as possible, using all available resources. The Sr. Support Engineer is an important component in this, being responsible for the Support Engineer team. The Sr. Support Engineer is the ‘go to’ for technical tickets that the Support Engineer team need help/guidance with, or to escalate. Accordingly, the Sr. Support Engineer should be experienced with a wide variety of technical situations.
- Handling escalations from Support Engineers, either directly or when the time spent to date has exceeded set limits.
- Helping Support Engineers to resolve tickets with training and/or guidance, and giving feedback on their performance.
- Taking Tier 3 tickets: attending to these inside published SLAs; liaising and coordinating with Sr. Systems Engineers to drive tickets to resolution,
- Handling CSAT issues: gathering information, and using root cause analysis to aid service delivery improvement.
- Acting as a ‘pressure valve’: stepping in and working tickets during high volume and/or low resource situations.
- Assisting with potential Security Breach situations.
- Technical training of Support Engineers: improving their skills (enabling them to be more productive), and to increasing their operational knowledge (enabling them to make better decisions).
- Being an active member of the Department’s leadership team (along with the Manager, and Supervisor): striving to make the Department the best it can be.
- Assisting the Manager with preparing/conducting annual performance reviews for Support Engineers,
- Being an essential component in the Quality Management process: performing Quality Control and helping to develop Quality Assurance processes.
- Leading by example in Error Management: participating in ‘show and tell’ sessions to identify learning opportunities from mistakes, and actively contributing to the continuous improvement process.
- Facilitating ‘clean’ communication channels, e.g., working to ensure documentation is clear, standardized, and easy to find.
- Actively participating in weekly Team meetings: we follow the ‘IDS’ (Identify, Discuss, Solve) philosophy to resolve issues. This requires the ability to be comfortable with challenging instructions and dissenting when significant negative consequences are foreseen.
- 5+ years’ experience working on a Help Desk, Service Desk, or IT support team.
- Associates degree in IT related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Professional certification, e.g. CompTIA, MCSE, ACSP.
- Previous experience working for an MSP would be an advantage.
- Strong knowledge and troubleshooting skills with Microsoft products, especially: Windows10, Azure, Active Directory, Office365.
- Working knowledge of MacOS, iOS/ iPadOS,
- Knowledge and understanding of Network components and common issues.
- Knowledge of any of the following is welcome: ConnectWise Manage/Automate, IT Glue, Mimecast, Sophos, LogMeIn, Pax8, Egnyte, Meraki, Windows Server, VMWare, Network security, Android, DNS, Domain management, Intune, SharePoint, Duo/OKTA admin, O365 stack (esp. Power Automate), PowerShell, Zoom, AWS, IBL(I).
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and varied technical tasks.
- Ability to learn and keep current with changes in technology.
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to resolve issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interpret metrics and data analytics to improve Service Desk functions.
- Stratospheric standards of Customer Care.
Data Evolution, LLC affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.