Who We Are:
Data Evolution is a growing premier managed service provider in New England. We are an established family-oriented company that has been in business for over 20 years. We value our employees and strive to provide a culture of work/life balance. We work closely with our clients in the Life Sciences space to provide high-touch, white glove service. We support each other in living our core values of Commitment, Respect, Professionalism, Diligence and Team. We are an exciting driven IT company who invests in the long-term success of our employees, and we’re looking for IT Gurus like you to join our team!
As a Systems Engineer, you function as a member of our Client Engagement Teams. You are the face of the company and our Brand Ambassador! You are typically assigned 4-6 clients and make scheduled site visits for the purpose of providing technology guidance regarding IT systems, infrastructure needs, or project progress. You are a senior technical resource, and we are looking for a strong engineer who loves IT as much as we do!
- Scheduled travel to our client’s sites to meet with client IT directors or Point of Contacts, to discuss infrastructure and IT systems guidance or projects.
- Communicate with other members of their assigned Client Engagement Teams to convey client infrastructure needs, project needs and progress, client feedback or Systems Engineering needs.
- Deploy IT infrastructure projects working with other members of the CET or Project teams, provide follow ups, and mentor Systems Administrators.
- Perform network and systems assessments when needed or requested.
- Manage and guide the infrastructure of assigned clients.
- Provide escalation point for issues that require more experience and skill to resolve.
- Provide timely updates to assigned tickets in our ConnectWise PSA system.
- Provide ticket time entries at the time of service and in conformance with published ticket and time SOPs.
- Update clients site documentation with any changes made or to check and ensure accuracy of documentation.
- Participate in companies “on-call” rotation, conforming to SOPs for that process.
- Manage assigned client(s) when needed.
- Assist in Remote Support during unscheduled time.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Strong documentation skills.
- MSP experience a plus.
- 4 or more years of IT infrastructure management and deployment experience.
- 2- or 4-year degree in an IT related discipline, or relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and operating systems.
- Strong Network knowledge of switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Strong PC and network\internet troubleshooting skills.
- Strong attention to detail, strong follow through and follow up on tasks and tickets.
- MAC OSX knowledge or willingness to learn.
- Certifications like MCSA, MCSE, CCNE, AZURE SA and AWS SA are strongly preferred but not required.
Why Work for Us:
At Data Evolution, our mission is to be the best IT solution provider for the biotech and medical device verticals in the Boston area. We are a family-oriented company that appreciates our employees and are growing quickly. We offer tremendous opportunity for career development and great benefits including but not limited to: generous base salary, competitive bonus & on call pay, health, dental, and vision, 401K contributions, 75% HRA contribution toward health care costs, company paid life insurance, long- and short-term disability, company provided cell phone, identity theft protection, pet insurance, 3 weeks’ vacation & your birthday off, 6 company and 3 floating holidays annually, and a hybrid flexible work schedule.
Data Evolution, LLC affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.