The Senior Systems Engineer/Consultant is a key member of our team who independently manages client sites and the relationships within them. Since our clients rely on us as their sole technology resource, this position requires handling a full range of tasks from managing complex Cisco configurations, managing large VMware configurations with multiple SANs, to implementing Windows networks in a cloud environment. The position requires daily travel (locally) to provide on-site and remote support as described below.
- Simultaneous management of customer technologies while fostering collaborative relationships on-site.
- Serve as functional expert in the areas of: cloud-based solutions, networking, mobility and virtualization.
- Conduct technology assessments in order to propose recommended solutions/changes that will optimize existing infrastructure.
- Provide strategic direction for client technologies in order to support long term needs and compliance considerations.
- Assist the Manager of Engineering Services with proposals/sales and researching appropriate products for our clients.
- Coordinate multiple projects across client sites; deploy resources and manage vendors within these projects.
- Provide mentor-ship and hands-on training for our Systems Engineer and Junior engineers.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Project Management or related or Advanced Industry Certification.
- Minimum 8 years experience working in the industry; at least 2 years supporting networking, firewalls, routing and switching.
- Consultative experience with proven capability of supporting of multiple clients and projects within the technology sector.
- Minimum of 2 industry certifications. Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare, Citrix, LINUX strongly preferred.
- Able to efficiently navigate through Microsoft back office platforms.
- Comprehensive understanding of operating platforms, connectivity, security, and information management.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of an organization.
- Possesses strong project management skills and attention to detail/organization.
- Enjoys handling complicated challenges of all sizes and finds reward in helping businesses make the most of their technology.
- Ability to prioritize and perform a variety of concurrent tasks with minimal direction or supervision.
- Comfortable working hands on with a client while contributing strategic direction for the company.
- Enjoys working with a team and mentoring Systems and Jr Systems Engineers.
- Data Evolution, LLC affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.
Data Evolution, LLC affords equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, age, military status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or gender unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification.