Our Systems Engineers are required to support a diverse range of systems and architectures. While in the field, our Systems Engineer will provide hands-on service to define client needs and required functionality, design and implement infrastructures as well as provide support and maintenance to client networks. Systems Engineers are frequently asked to provide technology related advice to our clients, document existing systems, as well as troubleshoot and correct daily issues with our client's networks. Because of this our Systems Engineers must be intelligent and motivated problem solvers. All of our technical engineers are provided a company issued cell phone and laptop.
Client Site Management:
- Daily travel to client sites in the Metro-Boston area to provide on-site support for networks and systems.
- Deploy new servers, systems, and solutions while maintaining and supporting existing systems.
- Evaluate and process client requests for system enhancements, user training, and continuing on site support.
- Provide remote support for client systems.
- Engage in occasional work on critical systems, including on-call duties during non-business hours.
Strategic Analysis, Input and Implementation
- Perform critical analysis and design of systems and infrastructures.
- Identify and pursue appropriate opportunities to enhance client systems via available market products.
- Participate on projects as a cross-functional team member supporting the growth and development of the company.
- Develop and maintain collegial peer-to-peer relationships with on-site clients and other partners on behalf of the company.
- Work closely with site contact(s) and senior management to provide information and guidance on relevant products, programs and issues.
- Will develop relationships with ISP, cloud, and other service vendors and professionals.
- Associates Degree in MIS, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- At least 1 current Information Technology certification.
- At least 2 year experience supporting IT infrastructure and end-user systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong PC and network troubleshooting skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Understanding of Cloud technologies and services.
- Must have the ability to work efficiently independently but also possess the ability to work as a member of a team when the situation requires it.
- Solid understanding of Internet connectivity methods, systems, protocols, and security.
- Must have experience with deploying Active Directory.
- Must have an understanding of VMware ESXi, VSphere, VCenter and other VMware products is preferred.
- Azure Windows Server, Active Directory, and Exchange Server experience.
- Strong knowledge of Windows desktops and applications.
- Mac OS X, Linux, Unix, and Cisco IOS experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to forge positive relationships with clients.
- You must have a passion for IT and meeting the challenges of a technology reliant world.
Candidates must possess a valid drivers license and a reliable automobile.
Candidates must be willing and eligible to obtain a DOD security clearance if needed.